Grab Those Emails! - 11 Key Ways to Get Your Visitors to Hand Over Their Email Address
If you are trying to get an opt-in email list going for you website, you might be wondering where to start. The most important rule to understand is that you must persuade your website visitors to let you have their, oftentimes guarded and protected, email addresses.
Remember, a lot of people surfing the web these days are pretty internet savvy. They are aware of spam, hate spam and do not want spam in their inbox? ever. If they do not feel they are getting something out of joining your email list then they will leave your site without leaving you their info. Don't let this happen to you!
Follow these 11 steps and the emails will start rolling in.
1. Have your visitors sign up to receive your free newsletter. Offer articles, tips and advice on the chosen topic.
2. Have them sign-up to get access to download a free ebook. The subject of the ebook should be relevant to your target audience. Write an ebook or find one at an online ebook directory that you can give away.
3. You can give your visitors a free membership inside your member's only website. Give them their username and password via email.
4. Hold a free contest or sweepstakes. All they have to do is sign up to be entered.
5. Offer your visitors free consulting services or price quotes. Provide a form where they can ask you questions and submit their information.
6. Give away something for signing up. People love free stuff. Give away an ebook, a t-shirt, consulting services, whatever you want.
7. Have visitors fill out a survey on your website. Offer a free gift as an incentive to complete the form.
8. Offer a free online service from your website. They have to sign up to receive the service.
9. Host free classifieds. Grab their e-mail address, then let them post their ad.
10. Offer a free training course via email. They gotta sign up if they want the course.
11. Let their voices be heard. When they sign up, give them access to a forum, chat room, or guestbook.
Getting your visitors to leave you their email address is not hard to do if done right. If people think they will get the information they are looking for, then they will most likely hand over the goods.